College Admissions Consultant
- Provides college counseling services to a diverse group of students including public, private, and homeschooled.
- Nine years experience as a full-time educational consultant.
- College Counseling Certificate from UCLA
- Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator
- Member of Higher Education Consultants of America
- Wide ranging education experience including curriculum developer, homeschool parent, and college instructor.
What I Do: I support families as they navigate through the college admissions process. My approach is to cut through the information overload and offer clear and realistic guidance. I help identify your student’s strengths and design strategies to build a strong high school profile including extracurricular activities, academics, and testing.
What I Believe: College admissions is increasingly complex, and many families benefit from getting expert guidance through this process. Too often these days, admissions is seen as a game with the prize being the most prestigious school possible. My goal is different. I believe students need to look for schools that are truly a good fit–academically, socially, philosophically, and financially. For some students this may be a highly selective school, or it might be a state university, a religious college, a research university, an arts school, a tech school, or a small liberal arts college.
How I Work: I provide customized services designed to meet the individual goals of families. To meet the needs of different families I offer both hourly and comprehensive services. You may choose to receive help with just a single aspect of the admissions process or you may opt for more comprehensive guidance. With email, phone, and Skype contact it is easy for me to serve with geographically distant students. I enjoy working with teens and helping families navigate through the college admissions process.