College Admissions Consultant
- Provides college counseling services to a diverse group of students including public, private, and homeschooled.
- Nine years experience as a full-time educational consultant.
- College Counseling Certificate from UCLA
- Member of Higher Education Consultants of America
- Wide ranging education experience including curriculum developer, homeschool parent, and college instructor.
What I Do: I support families as they navigate through the college admissions process. My approach is to cut through the information overload and offer clear and realistic guidance. I help identify your student’s strengths and design strategies to build a strong high school profile including extracurricular activities, academics, and testing.
What I Believe: College admissions is increasingly complex, and many families benefit from getting expert guidance through this process. Too often these days, admissions is seen as a game with the prize being the most prestigious school possible. My goal is different. I believe students need to look for schools that are truly a good fit–academically, socially, philosophically, and financially. For some students this may be a highly selective school, or it might be a state university, a religious college, a research university, an arts school, a tech school, or a small liberal arts college.
How I Work: I provide customized services designed to meet the individual goals of families. To meet the needs of different families I offer both hourly and comprehensive services. You may choose to receive help with just a single aspect of educational planning or you may opt for more comprehensive guidance. With email, phone, and video meeting it is easy for me to serve with geographically distant students. I enjoy working with teens and helping families navigate through the college admissions process.